The little things that matter are often the things we do probably every day that we take for granted.
A few times, it became a concern to know what were the things that made me feel alive, happy, relevant to myself, family and friends, the things that keep me going, and in my youthful mind I always thought the big events were the ones that mattered more, the ones that should be commemorated and the ones that should be considered life-changing.
But little did I know the little things that I did, those things that I could get myself to do effortlessly were the ones that mattered more. I wasn’t still convinced enough until the minor deeds became the actions that change my life for good.
What are those little things that should matter the most?
- The time you spend with yourself when no one is there to keep you company.
- Those things you love doing, maybe reading, writing, visiting, giving, sewing, and every minor occasion that you love.
- Taking a walk to the park and getting yourself some icecream.
- The time you spend with your family or friends and memories that weren’t captured with cameras but always remains in your heart.
- The act of gratitude.
- Reaching out to other people in different ways, like encouraging them and giving the little you can.
- Not comparing yourself with other people that have more than you, but learning to be satisfied with what you have.
- The little choices or decisions you make on the very most insignificant days.
- The simple ways you live your life.
- The healthy habits you keep daily.
Always remember that a great life isn’t about the huge things but the small things that we experience daily, and the little efforts that make a big difference.
Related Article: 5 Things you should Never take for Granted